We’ve all heard of Retinol, but just what do we need to know about this powerhouse ingredient that can help to transform skin few drops of serum?
What it does:
Retinol is the name of the pure form of Vitamin A. Retinoids prompt skin cells to rapidly turnover, creating new cell growth. This thickens the deeper layers of the skin where wrinkles begin to occur, exfoliates and advances the production of collagen, which we lose as we age.
- Visible pigment control and care for UV damaged skin.
- Improves skin elasticity.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles, wrinkle count, depth, width, and length.
- Assists with maintaining moisture levels for a more uniform in colour and texture.
- Blemishes and faults in the skin become less obvious.
- There is evidence to suggest that retinol may be helpful in combating the appearance of blemished skin.
- Skin brightening effects.
- Antioxidants are extremely volatile and will oxidise very quickly in skincare. While many Retinol actives don’t even make it through the manufacturing process, Balense uses a highly stable Retinol formulation with an added an active to prolong Retinol activity.
- If you’re starting out using Retinol and haven’t been using retinoids or actives, try starting out by mixing it with your moisturiser or using it every second night.
- Even the best anti-ageing ingredients can’t do it all. Ensure you wear the best age defying solution there is – SPF – daily, to prevent sun damage and ageing.
- A winning morning/night skincare combination is Vitamin C / Vitamin A – Try Intensive Retinol at night and try Rapid C Concentrate in the morning.